Inner Visions

Inner Visions

Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Little Travel Stencils

These little cuties can travel with you!

I recently designed four 4" square stencils for StencilGirl Products with travel in mind.


As long as I can remember, I've packed an art journal and a few portable art supplies with me whenever I take a trip.  Now I have a few small stencils, too!  They're tinier than most stencils so I've found that using a foam applicator with Pan Pastels and ink pads works better than paint and brush.



Let's go somewhere!
I made this blank art journal using covers from an old book.  I'm taking it to Palm Springs next month so I added a copy of a vintage Palm Springs postcard to the cover.



Some pages can be prepared in advance of the trip.  These marks and stenciled images seem random now, but I'll be excited to discover how well they blend into my journal pages once I reach my destination.




These frames remind me of old labels.  I stenciled them with a red-orange paint on full-sheet label paper. They will become stickers when I cut them out.


The openings allow room for your imagination.  You can always find maps, brochures, and travel magazines that can be cut up and placed over or under these stenciled shapes.   
I like to mix my ink colors too!



Ink had built up on my foam applicator so I just rolled it around on the page.





Sometimes you just have to play!  
Most of the journal is left blank, however.





I designed this little envelope and glued it to the inside of the back cover. 
 It's the perfect size to hold your favorite 4" x 4" stencils.


You can make this envelope, too!
Just go HERE to print your own pattern.
Simply cut out, fold on the dotted lines, and glue the flaps.




So grab a blank journal, a couple of ink pads, a small foam applicator, a glue stick, and some little stencils and you're ready for a creative adventure of your own.
You may not even need to leave home!














1 comment: